Get daily current affairs for competitive exams . then never miss any MCQ’S by joining our groups to get notifications regarding CURRENT AFFAIRS.
# JKSSB MCQ
1. When is Sashastra Seema Bal’s raising day celebrated?
(a) December 12
(b) December 15
(c) December 19
(d) December 20
2. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launches one of India’s first-ever Surety Bond Insurance products with which organization?
(b) (b) Reliance
3. Who took over as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Counter Insurgency Force Kilo?’
(a) Sanjiv Singh
(b) Mohit Seth
(c) Gaurav Jaiswal
(d) Sanjay Kumar
4. ‘Rythu Bandhu’ is a flagship scheme of which Indian state/UT?
(b) (b) Goa
(c)(c). Madhya Pradesh
(d) (d) Karnataka
5. What is the name of the fifth Scorpene submarine of Project 75?
(b)(b) INS Khanderi
(c) (c) INS Vagir
(d) (d) INS Kharanj
6. Which country is the host of the ‘UN Biodiversity Conference- COP15’?
7. What is the name of the P15B stealth-guided missile destroyer commissioned into the Indian Navy?
(b)(b) INS Kolkata
(c)(c) INS Kochi
(d)(d) INS Chennai
8. What is the name of the country’s first Green steel brand recently launched?
(c) HBIS group
9.Which is the only university in India to get an A grade by NAAC?
(b) Maharshi Dayanand University
c) Guru Nanak Dev University
(d) Chandigarh University
10.Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has won which award in the Digital India Awards 2022?
(b) Bronze Icon
(c) Gold Icon
(d) Silver Icon
11. Which country has partnered with PTC India for the supply of power from the Indian power market?
12.Which country has launched a ‘Group of Friends’ to promote accountability for crimes against peacekeepers?
(c) Sri Lanka
13. Which Indian movie song has been shortlisted in the best song category at Oscar 2023?
(c) Varaha Roopam
14.Which institution released the ‘2022 in Nine Charts’ report?
(c) World Bank
15. According to the Finance Ministry’s latest report, what is India’s gross domestic product growth in the first half of 2022-23?
16.Which Indian movie has been shortlisted for the “International Feature Film” category in Oscar 2023?
(b) Chhello Show
17. Who has been appointed as the Chief of Southern Command of the Indian Army?
1. Amardeep Singh Bhinder
(b) Surinder Singh Mahal
(c) Ajai Singh
(d) Upendra Dwivedi
1. (d) December 20Sashastra Seema Bal celebrates its ’59th Raising Day’ on December 20 with a dedication to a safe, secure, and prosperous India. Sashastra Seema Bal, or SSB, is an Indian border security organization that patrols the country’s borders with Nepal and Bhutan. It is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces and is overseen by the Ministry of Home Affairs. In the aftermath of the 1962 India-China conflict, it was thought that the frontiers of India should need an extra force along with the Tri-Forces (Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force).
2. (a) Bajaj AllianzNitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, has inaugurated one of India’s first Surety Bond Insurance products from Bajaj Allianz. In response to the product introduction, Gadkari stated that India is well on its way to becoming a $5 trillion economy. According to him, insurance will play a significant part in this rise. The Minister expressed confidence that increasing our road network will lead to improved wealth, job opportunities, and social connectedness.
3. (b) Mohit SethMajor General Mohit Seth assumed command of Counter-Insurgency Force Kilo as the General Officer Commanding (GOC). Major General Sanjiv Singh Slaria on surrendering the command transferred to Headquarters Northern Command, Udhampur. During the reign of Major General Sanjiv Singh Slaria, the Kilo Force took notable advances toward peace and security in North Kashmir.
4. (a) TelanganaThe ‘Rythu Bandhu’ initiative is being implemented by the state of Telangana. Through this scheme, the government provides agricultural investments to farmers at a rate of $10,000 per acre for both the Kharif and Rabi seasons. The state government plans to deposit Rs. 7,600 crores in farmers’ bank accounts by January, just in time for the Sankranti celebration.
5. (c) INS VagirThe fifth submarine, INS Vagir of Project 75, Kalvari Class submarines, Yard 11879, was handed to the Indian Navy on December 20, 2022. Project 75 envisions the indigenous manufacture of six Scorpene-style submarines. Vagir, which was launched on November 12, 2020, began sea testing on February 1, 2022, and it is a source of great pleasure because she has completed all key trials, including weapon and sensor trials, in the lowest amount of time in comparison to previous submarines.
6. (d) CanadaThe United Nations Biodiversity Conference, often known as COP15, was held in Montreal, Canada. Governments from across the world have gathered to agree on a new set of environmental targets for the next decade. Negotiators at a UN biodiversity conference struck an agreement to invest USD 200 billion in biodiversity assistance by 2030.
7. (a) INS MormugaoOn December 18, 2022, INS Mormugao (Pennant 67), a P15B stealth-guided missile destroyer, was commissioned into the Indian Navy. This was the second of the four ‘Visakhapatnam’ class destroyers to be inducted. The ship was developed in-house by the Navy’s Warship Design Bureau and built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) in the country’s financial center, Mumbai.’
8. (a) Kalyani FerrestaSteel Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia unveiled KALYANI FeRRESTA, India’s first green steel brand, in New Delhi on December 21, 2022. This first-of-its-kind steel was created by the Kalyani Group, a Pune-based steel manufacturer, utilizing renewable energy resources, leaving no carbon footprints in the environment. Scindia delivered the keynote presentation and described the event as a paradigm change in the steel sector. According to him, India is leading the countries that have committed to achieving carbon neutrality through green steel manufacturing.
9. (c) Guru Nanak Dev UniversityThe Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, has received an A grade after obtaining 3.85 points in the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) grading, making it the first university in India to do so. Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann congratulated the institution on its achievement, saying it was the product of everyone’s hard work. He expressed hope that all of the state’s universities will emulate Guru Nanak Dev University in order to bring honour to the state.
10. (a) Platinum IconThe Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has won the Platinum Icon at the Digital India Awards 2022 for their effort “DataSmart Cities: Empowering Cities via Data”. The prize was announced in the ‘Data Sharing and Use for Socio-Economic Development’ category.
11. (d) BhutanBhutan, through Druk Green Power Corporation, has entered into a deal with PTC India to purchase power from the Indian power market during the dry winter season. Bhutan will soon begin acquiring up to 600 MW of power from the Indian power market through PTC.
12. (d) IndiaDuring its current UN Security Council leadership, India created a ‘Group of Friends’ to pursue accountability for atrocities against peacekeepers. S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister, declared that New Delhi would soon have a database that will record all atrocities against peacekeepers. The group’s co-chairs are India, Bangladesh, Egypt, France, Morocco, and Nepal. India, one of the most significant troop contributors to UN peacekeeping, has lost 177 peacekeepers in the line of duty.
13. (a) Naatu NaatuRRR’s filmmakers are overjoyed as they move closer to the Oscars. The infectiously popular song ‘Naatu Naatu’ from the hit Telugu film has been nominated for an Oscar in 2023. As a result, Naatu Naatu has become the first Indian song to be nominated for an Academy Award.
14. (c) World BankAccording to the World Bank’s ‘2022 in Nine Charts’ study, the world is experiencing its most significant decline since 1970, and 685 million people may be living in severe poverty by the end of 2022. After 2020, this would make 2022 the second-worst year for poverty reduction in the last two decades.
15. (d) 9.7According to the most recent statistics from the Finance Ministry, India’s GDP growth in the first half of 2022-23 is expected to be 9.7%. The Ministry disclosed this in its mid-year spending and income statement. The ministry stated that the global macroeconomic situation had interrupted the government’s estimates, preventing it from presenting the medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF) as required by the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act.
16. (b) Chhello ShowChhello Show, directed by Pan Nalin, is a Gujarati-language coming-of-age story about a young boy’s love affair with a film in a Saurashtra hamlet. The film, produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur and Dheer Momaya, is on the international feature film shortlist. The “Chhello Show” crew expressed their gratitude and excitement at the Academy’s recognition of their sincere dedication to the cinematic medium.
17. (c) ajai Singh Lieutenant General Ajai Kumar Singh has taken over as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Southern Command of the Indian Army. He is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Pune, and the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. He was commissioned into the 7/11 Gorkha Rifles in December 1984.